Wednesday, May 5

Tulips

This beautiful oil painting was a gift from Marissa. She got it for my for my birthday during her yearly trip to Naples, Fl. It is a constant reminder of our unchanging friendship and our dream of having a store together. A dream that started when we were seven and now is known as Tulips.
The other Tulips that adorn my house are some of my favorite things from Tulips...
The brown lamp was the very first wedding gift that my parents got us! The brown and the green vases also came from Tulips. I cannot imagine this hutch without these Vietri mirrors. All handmade in Italy and each one a little unique in its own way, these mirrors really do make my dining room. All of the glassware that is shown is also from Tulips as are the two pitchers.
I love looking around my dining room and remembering where each piece came from: The champagne saucers from Jers so we can drink like Marie Antionette, the vases that we got for our wedding, the seashells from our honeymoon, the blown eggs from past years that we have decorated... Oh I could go on about EACH piece, it is nice to have a memory attached to them.

This was my first Vietri piece that I owned. It is big and hangs over my kitchen sink. I love love love it.
And of course... the HAPPY EVERYTHING plate! I just switch out the "attachment" from flowers to an American Flag and then lemonade for the rest of the summer. I have one for each holiday, even for one of my favorites... Mardi Gras!


I promise pics of Charlie next time....




















1 comment:

  1. I love all of your tulips around the house! Isn't it fun to think back an remember the special memory that comes with things like that?

    ReplyDelete